Wednesday 2 July 2014

Work in progress: Stormsword gets a basecoat

The E Tenebrae Lux continues over at Bolter & Chainsword and my hopes of using the donated airbrush were dashed thanks to it being incapable of pulling the paint up the siphon. And that was with it being almost coloured water.

After an hour of fiddling around with the stone age Bagger (it has cork washers so must be almost antique) I gave up and just went crazy with the GW large drybrush I have. Didn't even use my favourite wet pallet. Old school wall tile for this beast. Glad I did too.



Started off with a mix of Vallejo Model Colour (VMC) Black Grey with VMC Dark Blue Grey. About 50/50 with a bit is glaze medium to cut down on brush marks. 

Looks like this will be a full on dry brushing session to bring the colour graduation up to look highlighted. And to figure out if I add camouflage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment