Wednesday 9 July 2014

Completed miniature: Kharn the Betrayer

Yet another update on my Bolter & Chainsword E Tenebrae Lux vow. This time I didn't do a Slaanesh themed miniature and also managed to finish the painting in around six hours. Which is fast for me.



I decided to drybrush the whole model in a brass look. Starting with GW Tin Bits and building up to Brazen Brass with some Vallejo Metallic Medium mixed in. To get the red I used GW Baal Red wash in around ten layers then used some Leviathan Purple wash in the darkest areas.

The base was already built up in advance and decided to vary the helmet colours for a bit of variety.

Still have the Stormsword tank to finish. Needs a fair amount of extra weathering after I went a bit light with the sponge. Still learning though as I rarely paint vehicles so it's all a learning experience which can't be a bad thing.

I'll stop rambling for now but thank you for reading and happy painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment