Sunday 6 July 2014

Work in progress: Stormsword gets some camo

I wasn't too sure whether or not to add a camouflage pattern to my Stormsword or not so tried the route of asking on a few forum posts. Needless to say that asking Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard to us older lot) love their camo and all said to do it. I was a little unsure as I wanted to get that slight dusty look you usually see on airbrushed armour. And with no working airbrush I didn't think I'd be happy with the result.


Glad I went for it though. Few hard edge wiggly lines in Vallejo Model Colour 'Black Grey' looked ok initially. But I had already drybrushed the main colour so had to do the same to the new colour. And I'm happy with the result. I added a bit of Khaki to the mix towards the lower sides and rear to discolour it a little more. 


As you can see, I've added a few decals too. These I'll chip a little when I do my weathering which I reckon will be the next step before picking out tracks, engine parts, weapons, and other details.

Thank you for having a look and I'm open to tips, suggestions, even things you would like to see on this blog (within reason that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment