Thursday 10 July 2014

Thoughts: Hobby distractions

We all know it, we all suffer with it, we even have a term for it too. Hobby ADD. The cause of so many unfinished models and armies.

For a while now I've been able to concentrate and actually get some models finished. But lately it's getting tougher. With friends suggesting new game systems like Deadzone, or variations on Warhammer 40,000 like Kill Zone, Kill Team, and the one that I'm struggling to not dive into, Forge World's 'Horus Heresy' system.

To make it worse, I've recently discovered Portal Magazine from Wamp which has shown me more amazingly painted models from companies like Mierce, Scale75, Kubuki, and many more. 

Then I had a look through my unpainted models, which is never a good idea when already working on a model. Came across these..


Which is just the tip of the variety of miniatures I'd like to have a crack at.

Luckily, the apes at Massive Voodoo put up yet another excellent article about motivation which you can find here and I hugely recommend giving it a good read.

See you soon and may your paint flow and brushes stay pointy.

No comments:

Post a Comment