Tuesday 1 July 2014

Hello and welcome to my blog and first ever post

Since the start of May this year I've been taking part in the E Tenebrae Lux III event on Bolter and Chainsword which puts the different Warhammer 40,000 power armour factions (and their Battle Brothers allies) up against each other to see who can paint the highest combined points worth of miniatures by August 1st. So far, Chaos has put the most points on the table but not the most painted and this is my chosen faction too.

So each person can make five Vows which can be any amount of points worth but must be codex legal and can only use WYSIWYG additions to wargear and weapons. You can only place one vow at a time and can't vow again until you complete your current vow. The catch though is that if you don not complete the current vow by the end date, all completed ones before are worth nothing. I went for an Ahriman counts as (seen as my sorcerer below is heavily based on his model) and a Forgefiend for a total of 430 points, which isn't very much but I'm a slow painter.

And here they are, completed. Which gives me the best part of a month to the deadline.

First up, Faustus 'the Licentious' Belatari.




I've been asked about the head too many times to count so I'll put this out there straight away, just in case you're wondering. It's from the Warhammer Fantasy Warriors of Chaos Chariot kit.

And here's N'Nyrhilfol the Forgefiend. Complete with magnetized tongue.



So with a month still left to go I've decided to try to go for another vow. Also helped by a donation of an old airbrush so I should be able to get the base coat down fairly quickly. It's only one model after all. Just a Stormsword tank. But I've also magnetized the barrel so it can be a Shadowsword or a Banesword too depending on the game.

Very work in progress but fingers crossed I can get it finished quickly and not be too fussy about the finish.

Well, thank you for making it through my first post. Till next time, happy painting.

2 comments: