Saturday 2 August 2014

Work in Progress: Orc Shaman gets more paint

Welcome back. I've made enough progress to warrant an update I feel so I won't bore you with the black and white and get stuck in.




Not the greatest pictures ever but as you can see, the brown cloth and the red is done. The red took more work thanks to it turning a bit pink (likely thanks to all the Slaanesh painting I've been doing of late) but a few glazes and change of highlight colour has sorted that issue out I feel.


His sword had it's own little stumbling block due to me adding a boltgun metal highlight which was too shiny and clean for me. Back to adding more glazes of black grey, blue, green, brown, and sepia (though that was quite fun).


The staff is the closest I've come to what I feel glazing is (I'm still learning this technique), using the paint as thin as I could to build up the highlight areas.

Think the skin highlights will be the next step and the one I'm actually a little nervous about as it's a completely mixed colour of Orkhide Shade, Liche Purple, and Khaki (hopefully) so fingers are firmly crossed.

Till next time, happy painting.

2 comments:

  1. So... this is what you´ve been up to...
    Solid start
    Looking forward to see more of your endeavors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. Plenty more in mind too (some that I'll be able to post on BnC as well).

      Delete