Wednesday 20 August 2014

Completed: Orc Shaman (Nazgob)

Have to admit that this little project has been fun for a fair few reason. Finally getting round to painting one of the best Orc miniatures Brian Nelson ever sculpted. Building up a base using a socket for the first time ever. Experimenting with materials like soil, lentils, and blister foam to create look of the base. Trying to desaturate colours (which I will be sure to try again) and try to get a more natural finish.

Overall, I'm happy with the finished piece (though I have to work on my photography and invest in a better camera). It didn't come out quite like the Brian Froud artwork I was aiming for but I have to put my hand up and admit that I didn't use the reference material anywhere near as much as I should have. That just happens when you're enjoying painting.

So here's a few more closer pictures. I hope you like him and they'll be more from myself soon (most likely the Malifaux miniatures I started at the same time.



Till next time, happy painting.

3 comments:

  1. Great job!¡!
    I love the restricted color palette !¡!
    and the use of lents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Darth Mustard. Still need to get you painting ;)

      Delete
    2. Suitably gaunt. He should inspire the hordes well up there.

      Delete